Glossary of Terms
The terminology is a big part of the CPP exam so we have provided you with an extensive Glossary of Terms to ensure that you know the true meaning of the words and terms you see and hear in this course.
Students of this course will have access to an exclusive Facebook group that provides you a safe place to ask questions, post images and get the positive and constructive feedback you desire from your instructor and other CPP candidates and graduates.
Watch the lessons anywhere, anytime on any device.
This course is the only comprehensive online CPP Prep course taught by an approved certified instructor!
Gain the technical and practical information you need in an easy to follow format.
Be part of a community that is encouraging and positive and is here to help you succeed.
No additional expenses to take this course. Once you enroll, you stay enrolled for 2 years!
Save Time and Money! No need to travel to an event! Learn in the comfort of you own home.
Oh, yeah, become a better photographer too!
THIS CLASS IS A WIN/WIN
THE TECHNICAL MADE EASY
I ENJOYED THIS
Cris Duncan, along with his wife, Deanna, own and operate C j Duncan Photography in Lubbock, Texas. They have had the honor of photographing everything from weddings to families to corporate clients and even two Presidents. In over a dozen years, the Duncans have been published in numerous national magazines and acquired many industry accolades including several GIA (Grand Imaging Award)category awards. However, what means the most is their daughter, family and the life they lead working together in the art form they love. The Duncans can be found educating creatives at events across North America. They are the founders of Find Your Focus Education and host an annual retreat for photographers. Cris is a Master Photographer, a Photographic Craftsman and and a Certified Professional Photographer. In addition, Cris is a regular instructor at Imaging USA, Texas School of Professional Photography and is an approved Certification Instructor.
- CPP Course Follow Along Slide Deck & Workbook - DOWNLOAD AND PRINT *
- CPP Glossary of Terms - READ & VIEW ONLINE - DOWNLOAD & PRINT
- CPP Test Specifications - DOWNLOAD ME FREE PREVIEW
- CPP UPDATE: Technical Image Evaluation new for 2019 FREE PREVIEW
- The CPP Pathway with Julia Boyd, Director of Certification at PPA. (23:49)
- Camera, lenses and Attachments - Test Specs FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 1 - Camera, Lenses & Attachments. (29:05) FREE PREVIEW
- Quiz #1 - Camera, Lenses and Attachments FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 2 - Camera, Lenses & Attachments (34:02) FREE PREVIEW
- Quiz #2 - Camera, Lenses and Attachments FREE PREVIEW
- Lesson 3 - Camera, Lenses & Attachments. (37:42)
- Quiz #3 - Camera, Lenses and Attachments
- Well Done!
- Chapter 1 Survey
- Lesson 4 - Exposure & Meters (50:35)
- Quiz #4 - Exposure & Meters
- BONUS LESSON: Exposure Equivalent Calculations. (11:04)
- Quiz - Exposure Equivalents (Incase you wanted a few more)
- Lesson 5 - Exposure & Meters (28:15)
- Quiz #5 - Exposure & Meters
- Great Job!
- Chapter II Survey
- Lighting - Test Specs
- Lesson 6 Part I - Lighting (23:11)
- Lesson 6 Part II - Lighting (17:10)
- Quiz #6 - Lighting
- Lesson 7 - Lighting (24:12)
- BONUS LESSON: Ratio Calculations (7:57)
- Quiz #7 - Lighting Ratios
- Lesson 8 - Lighting (12:15)
- Lighting as a NARRATIVE Tool. BONUS VIDEO (13:41)
- Lesson 9 - Lighting (21:51)
- Lesson 10 - Lighting (27:58)
- Quiz #8 - Lighting
- Lesson 11 - Lighting (29:27)
- Quiz #9 - Lighting
- Lesson 12 - Lighting (20:10)
- Quiz #10 - Lighting
- Keep on Keeping On.
- Chapter III Survey
- Composition & Design - Test Specs
- Lesson 13 - Composition & Design (12:04)
- Lesson 14 - Composition & Design (12:21)
- Quiz #11 - Composition & Design
- Lesson 15 - Lighting & Composition (19:34)
- Lesson 16 - Composition & Design (19:10)
- Quiz #12 - Composition & Design
- Lesson 17 - Composition & Design (15:09)
- Quiz #13 - Composition & Design
- Check another one off the list
- Chapter IV Survey
- Digital Post Production - Test Spec
- Lesson 18 - Digital Post Production (14:05)
- Lesson 19 - Digital Post Production (15:28)
- Quiz #14 - Digital Post Production
- Almost there!
- Chapter VI Survey
- Image Capture & Output - Test Specs
- Lesson 20 - Image Capture & Output (18:53)
- Lesson 21 - Image Capture & Output (24:34)
- Quiz #15 - Image Capture & Output
- Course survey
- "Share your Success"
- The C+ Student - Bonus Video (9:51)
- Closing Thoughts (2:35)
- Test Preparation and Tips- READ ME FIRST
- CPP Practice Exam - DOWNLOAD & PRINT
- CPP Practice Exam - Answer Key
- Practice Exam Discussion Panel
- UPDATE: READ ME "NEW IMAGE SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS" coming 2019
This is a good course because Cris makes it personal, which is hard to do via computer based training. Good pace, good material coverage, good choice for CP...Read More
This is a good course because Cris makes it personal, which is hard to do via computer based training. Good pace, good material coverage, good choice for CPP prep. UPDATE: Passed the CPP test in Atlanta, GA at Imaging USA 2019. Thank you Cris!Read Less
Every concept was broken down in an easy-to-understand way. Each lesson was engaging and informative. I appreciated the practice quizzes throughout and the f...Read More
Every concept was broken down in an easy-to-understand way. Each lesson was engaging and informative. I appreciated the practice quizzes throughout and the fact that I could go back and review the lessons at any time. I felt very prepared for the exam, and passed without difficulty. I highly recommend this course.Read Less
Cris does a great job giving you the information you need and the examples of how to apply the information to your business. If you want to better yourself a...Read More
Cris does a great job giving you the information you need and the examples of how to apply the information to your business. If you want to better yourself as a photographer the information you learn here will do that and the bonus is, you will be prepared to take the CPP exam when you are ready.Read Less
Cris does a great job presenting a vast amount of difficult material in an easily consumable form. You cannot help but take better photographs after taking t...Read More
Cris does a great job presenting a vast amount of difficult material in an easily consumable form. You cannot help but take better photographs after taking this course. I just got my results back, passed on first attempt. Thanks!Read Less
Thank you Cris for the comprehensive photography course. I now have much better understanding of the craft and how to use it in practical application. Due to...Read More
Thank you Cris for the comprehensive photography course. I now have much better understanding of the craft and how to use it in practical application. Due to the cost, I hesitated signing up for the course initially. But, now I understand its value and the effort on your part putting the course material together. Very much appreciated sharing your knowledge.Read Less
What is CPP?
CPP is a designation conferred by the Professional Photographers of America, meaning Certified Professional Photographer. I call it a Competent, Proficient Professional.
When can I begin?
Right away! As soon as you enroll, you will be given immediate access to the entire course and can start on lesson #1 or #10, although we recommend starting at, well, the start.
Is there a time limit on the course?
Once you enroll, you stay enrolled for 2 years. Watch and learn when and where you please.
Is this course only for those in the CPP process?
Not at All! This course is for anyone who want to be a better photographer.
Do I have to be a PPA member to take this course.
No. Anyone can enroll and take this course. However, you do need to be a PPA member to complete the certification process
How can I know how I will do on the CPP exam?
No one can answer that but you. We want to make sure the information you learn sticks! That is why we added example questions to the lessons, we have short quizzes in each section and there is even a 100 question practice exam.
What if I have a question during the course? How do I get an answer? Am I on my own?
Not at all. Inside the course is a discussion panel that you can ask questions. You will also be invited to join an exclusive Facebook group with access to your instructor and other photographers that will provide you with positive and encouraging feedback.
I learn by reading, not by listening.
Not a problem. This course was designed so that no matter what your learning style, you will become more knowledgeable. We have a workbook and study guide that follows along with the course step by step. Use it to take notes as you read, watch and/or listen to your instructor.
The idea of watching hours of video sounds boring.
I could not agree more, that is why the concepts in this course are broken down in to smaller, easy to digest and understand video lessons. We have quizzes that reinforce what you learned as well as text content and some just for fun lessons as well.